Rainbow Chocolate Ganache Cake

31st October has always been near and dear in the hearts of my family members, not because of Halloween of course, but because it's my father's birthday! So today, we celebrated in advance over lunch at one of our favourite restaurants, The Soup Restaurant. The family's a big fan of the Samsui Chicken and 番薯叶 over there. :)

Family birthdays are always an excuse for... baking birthday cakes! So with the decorating disaster of last year's chocolate ganache cake (recap here) fresh in my mind, I was determined to make a delicious and good-looking cake this year.

Can't go wrong with a rainbow cake, right?
Well, the end result was a decent improvement over last year's work of art, but it was still not really the picture of patisserie pleasure. It's okay, there're always more birthdays... watch out family and friends!

My rainbow cake recipe was taken from Edd Kimber's (winner of the first Great British Bake Off) second book Say it with Cake. I've had a good experience with his recipes so far (at least those that I've tried), they taste good (though they don't look that good, but that one's on me, really).









0 comments:

Post a Comment