The countdown

It's official. Less than one week left of my 'tai-tai' life, as my friends put it. More than 3 months of waking up naturally in the mornings without the alarm buzzing, doing my own things whenever I wanted, wherever I wanted. Such luxury, so fleeting. :( I shouldn't be complaining too much though, most people I know wouldn't have had the 3 months I've had. So as great as it was, it's now time to move on and gear up for my next phase in life. :) To be honest, as courageous as I was taking a leap of faith, leaving my comfort zone, deep down I'm scared as hell. New working environment, new working culture, new colleagues. What will it be like? Will I get used to it? Will I enjoy my work? Will I be great at my job? These questions and so much more keeping popping up in my mind. But I guess you'll never know until you actually are in that situation, right? So all I can do is to keep a positive attitude, adopt a good working attitude and do the best that I can. At least I've tried and I'll never have to leave this world thinking, "What could have been?"

Was out with my mum (or Chow Mimi, as she is affectionately known hehe) the other day and I couldn't resist the temptation to get me some Twelve Cupcakes. I'm absolutely in love with their cupcakes, to the extend that I'm sort of a bit jealous that I wasn't the one who came up with the recipes and the business idea. Their cupcakes are fluffy, moist, flavourful and the icing isn't too sweet (which is a danger because you tend to eat it all and when you think back, it's still SUGAR, but still, it's OKAY to indulge once in a while).


From left: Lychee, Earl Grey, Chocolate Chocolate
My choice for an afternoon treat :)
Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment