Going bananas!

Woke up to wonderful news yesterday morning! :) Couldn't go back to sleep after that though, so I decided to go for a run at the park. So this has no relevance to my main post today, but I just wanted to say I'm in a great mood!

Anyway, the hubby and I decided to finally put our blender to good use and so during one of his off days, we headed to NTUC to get some strawberries, bananas and milk to make smoothie (for me) and milkshake (for him). This was the result:

Strawberries and banana smoothie
I think we added too many ice cubes. Hence, the taste was like ice cold water with a hint of strawberries and banana LOL. Well, it was a good attempt; we'll learn from this mistake.

With leftover bananas, I decided to bake me some banana walnut cake yesterday! Now speaking of banana walnut cake, while the hubby and I were in Banyan Tree Bintan a few months ago after our wedding, I had possibly one of the best-tasting banana walnut cakes ever at the breakfast buffet spread. Maybe it's the kind of bananas they use, or the spices they add into the batter. Whatever it was, it just worked. I had half a mind of barging into the kitchen, demanding for the recipe, to which they'll reply, "Rahasia rahasia (Secret, secret)!" Then in desperation, I'll grab hold of however many banana walnut cakes they have and run back to my villa and spend the rest of my vacation with my babies. Well of course that didn't happen; too embarrassing. So then and there I decided to make full use of every single minute eating all the banana walnut cakes I could. Here're some pictures of those gems:


They don't look like much, but man oh man...
So of course my banana walnut cake didn't turn out to be anything like that. I mean, it was still delicious (:p), but it was just... different. It's okay, I will not be beaten! I will try every single banana walnut cake recipe there is on earth until I get that taste!


My version of banana walnut cake

0 comments:

Post a Comment