Spreading the love of baking

It's not clear when I fell absolutely head-over-heels in love with baking. It could be that I've always had that passion burning deep inside me, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to surface. Perhaps it's the Peranakan side of the family, where at every Chinese New Year, there would be a showing of home-baked goodies from my mother and other aunts ranging from pineapple tarts to kuih bangkit and so on.

Baking is all about taking simple everyday ingredients - flour, eggs, butter and sugar and with a touch of your own creativity, turning those ingredients into delicious and gorgeous works of art. How awesome is that?

I don't know who reads this blog other than myself (lol), but if you do, you must love baking as much as I do. I say how about we set off a baking movement here in Singapore? We could bake one or two random recipe/s each month and after baking, we could exchange tips/pointers/pictures of the baking process and outcome and learn from each other. We could organise bake sales for charities as well. Get together and bake together even! After all, isn't baking all about spreading the love and joy and seeing the smiles on other people's faces when they bite into one of your baked goodies?

Interested parties, don't be shy! Do drop me an email to discuss this. Together, we could very well bake make someone else's day. :)

Blueberry pie!



0 comments:

Post a Comment